Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blog Hop


Hi,

Today is Blog Hop day. You can read about my next work in progress and then check out the other writer’s websites to see what they are working on.

Thanks to K. C. Sprayberry (Kathi) for tagging me. She is author of Softly Say Goodbye. You can check her blog @ http://outofcontrolcharacters.blogspot.com

Below I have answered ten questions about my next work in progress.

 

What is your working title of your book?

 Scavenger Hunt in the Graveyard

 

Where did the idea come from for the book?

 Basically from my imagination. I thought it would nice to have a character who doesn’t really have any supernatural powers, she doesn’t even believe ghosts exist. She is a normal girl who is thrown into this supernatural world she doesn’t believe in.

 

What genre does your book fall under?

YA Parnormal

 

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I’m not sure.  My main character has reddish curly hair (which she doesn't like), wears glasses, and just a typical normal girl.

 

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

 Agatha Shelby has an unusual name, so she is surprised when she takes a field trip to a cemetery and discovers a gravestone with her name on it. 

 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I’m hoping Muse It Up Publishing will published it just like they did Ghostly Clues

 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

 I started working on this story awhile ago, so I have a rough sketch of a first draft. I know where the story is going right now, but it usually changes the more I revise it.

 

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

 I’m not sure. I haven’t taken the time to compare this story to any other books right now.

 

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Just my wild imagination inspired me to write this book and the character talking to me.

 

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

What normal kid wants to see their name on a gravestone? Not many. Agatha is shocked. And it doesn’t help that her best friend who does believe in ghosts is trying to tell her that she is being haunted. Agatha doesn’t want to believe it, but weird, supernatural things keep happening.

 

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now you can hop over to K. C. Sprayberry’s blog @ http://outofcontrolcharacters.blogspot.com and see what she is up to.

Also check out

Suzanne de Montigny author of The Shadow of The Unicorn The Legacy @  www.suzannedemontigny.com

 
Thanks,

2 comments: